Canapé Recipes – Helpful Tips When Making Your Own Canapés
Fabulous parties and events need canapes to impress guests and to give a good first impression of the party. The moment guests enter a party, the things they see first are the lighting and the food. The lighting in an event can set the mood and the food and how it is presented are also crucial to the success of the party. Having hors d’oeuvres such as canapés could make any event or party more fun and beautiful. You can search for canapés recipes on the internet where you can find hundreds of ideas. If you can’t be bothered to prepare for a large number of guests, hiring a catering services company could be your only option.
Here are useful tips when making your own canapés for a party.
- Make use of seasonal produce. Find out what fruits or vegetables are in season so you do not spend time planning for canapés recipes and find out that some of the ingredients are not available because they are not in season.
- Be creative. Google is your friend. Look for creative ways to present your canapés. Some use those little white spoons that you can usually see in Asian restaurants when ordering noodle soup. You could also use shot glasses or mini skewers.
- Remember to keep everything bite-size. So, if you are serving roast beef, be sure to shrink it down. If you think it is too much work to shrink down ingredients then, replace them with ingredients that are already bite-size. Think cherry tomatoes, cheese and some herbs. You can also use biscuits, rolled bacon, French bread, and shrimp. Find out which ones are paired nicely.
- Baked canapés are also great. If you love baking, you can have pudding canapés which have become popular. Mini chocolate brownies with glitter, anyone? Let’s not forget a variety of fruits with lots of melted chocolate.
- Decorate canapés with herbs. For some reason, food looks more attractive when there are herbs used as decoration. Somehow, it makes the food look healthier and it breaks the monotonous color of meat and bread. Food also needs to be pleasing to the eye.
If you are having some help from friends and family, looking for canapés recipes and the actual preparation could be very exciting and fun. However, if you are preparing it alone for a large number of guests, call a catering services company. You can discuss with them what you like and you could also have a look at their menu and see what kind of canapés they have already created.
Click here if you want to find out more about different kind of canapés and contact us at 1762 for catering services.